cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I develop a Bootloader for a STM32H745 (Dual Core)?

ABlum.2
Associate III

Hello everyone.

I am following this project: https://github.com/viktorvano/STM32-Bootloader to create my own bootloader in a STM32H7, unfortunately the dual core of this device make the memory location a little bit tricky, is there any open project for bootloader on this device?

Best regards

Alan Blumenstein

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ABlum.2​ ,

To develop a Bootloader, you can use the OpenBootloader package called (OpenBL), that behaves exactly like the system bootloader.

For the moment, OpenBL supports only STM32G0 and STM32G4 series:

• \STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.x.x\Middlewares\ST\OpenBootloader
  • \STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.x.x\Projects\NUCLEO-G491RE\Applications\OpenBootloader

So, you can customize it for other products series like STM32H7 according to your needs.

More information on OpenBL is available for example in USART protocol used in the STM32 bootloader (AN3155).

I recommend also that you refer to the FAQ STM32 boot process and application note AN2606 "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode", and you find related information to STM32H7xx bootloader.

Hope my answer helped you!

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped 🙂

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ABlum.2​ ,

To develop a Bootloader, you can use the OpenBootloader package called (OpenBL), that behaves exactly like the system bootloader.

For the moment, OpenBL supports only STM32G0 and STM32G4 series:

• \STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.x.x\Middlewares\ST\OpenBootloader
  • \STM32Cube_FW_G4_V1.x.x\Projects\NUCLEO-G491RE\Applications\OpenBootloader

So, you can customize it for other products series like STM32H7 according to your needs.

More information on OpenBL is available for example in USART protocol used in the STM32 bootloader (AN3155).

I recommend also that you refer to the FAQ STM32 boot process and application note AN2606 "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode", and you find related information to STM32H7xx bootloader.

Hope my answer helped you!

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it helped 🙂

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
smati2
Associate II

Hi Imen DAHMEN,

It's been a year since this post. I have searched for the OpenBL for STM32H7 and for my case in particular the STM32H743, but have not seen anything for that series. Have you or ST done any OpenBL for the STM32H7 series since your last comment on this post? Thanks.

Hi @smati2​ ,

It is planned to add OpenBL for STM32H7 series, but I can't give you any target date for the moment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Imen

Thanks
Imen