cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all! I want to use a STM32G0B1 MCU in both USB device modes: self-powered as well as bus-powered. How does the STM32G0B1 want to detect connection of a host controller to be able to connect/disconnect the DP-pullup?

ABöer.1
Associate

After reading through DS, RefMan, AN4879 and loads of html/pdf this is what still remains unclear.

-- In the DS this is written: "When VBUS sensing feature is enabled, PA9 should be left at its default state (floating

input), not as alternate function." --> I cannot find this "VBUS sensing feature" anywhere in the Reference Manual.

Is it possible that there is no hardware function for automatic pullup-Enable-after-VBus-sensed? The pin function table does not show this for PA9.

-- Could it be that my STM32G0B1 has to detect a host connection via USB-C lines like CC and so a USB type-B connector cannot be used?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

3 REPLIES 3

You can detect VBUS using any input pin, properly voltage conditioned.

JW

PS The quoted line about VBUS appears to be an errorneous copy/paste from different STM32 model with the Synopsys USB OTG module, @Imen DAHMEN​  can you please have a look at it? Thanks.

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ , @Andreas Böer​ 

Thank you for pointing out this issue.

I escalated this topic internally to the document Owner to decide which implementation will be chosen finally.

I will come back to you soon with update on the actions that will be taken.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thanks, Imen.

JW