cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAL version of USB ''Class Compliant'' MIDI, can it be done?

Christopher Pappas
Senior II
Posted on September 02, 2016 at 15:52

Hey all!

I am trying to see if I can eliminate the serial port version of MIDI and switch over to using USB MIDI controllers/keyboards instead.

Searching on this forum (and Google as well), I see many attempts at creating this, mostly poorly documented and or proprietary (i.e. - MIOS), and other open source code that doesn't seem to survive the transition from GCC to KEIL, and the rest of what is available is written for SPL only.

Is there an example of a USB MIDI ''Class-Compliant'' code that can be used on the USB-OTG port of STM32 Nucleo boards?

Can an existing piece of code (like the USB Flash Drive FatFS 3rd-party examples in the v1.4.0 firmware) be modified to connect to USB ''Class-Compliant'' devices such as controllers or keyboards?

Does it seem like a feasible task, or is it just too much work to get this to work on HAL?

Does anybody have suggestions or ideas or comments about this subject?

Thanks!!

Christopher

#usb-midi-class #usb-midi-host-nucleo-144 #class-compliant-hal-midi

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
21 REPLIES 21
Posted on December 15, 2017 at 07:57

Hi!

I'm using the project, getting the data from the host works fine. But I can not send midi data in any way using MIDI_DataTx to PC. It works? Usb sniffer sees only the data sent to the USB device.

Thank you in advance.

Posted on May 18, 2018 at 05:22

Do you know if this code will work with the STM32F407 Discovery board? I have it compiling and downloading but when I plug it into my windows 10 PC it says unrecognized USB device.