Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H743 USB Host

Trevor Jones
Senior

I have the Keyboard working,

but when a usb hub is installed the keyboard is not visible

does anyone have some clues to get a usb hub working ?

14 REPLIES 14
Trevor Jones
Senior

Hello Jan, Pavel, Clive... long time no see... @Pavel A. @waclawek.jan @Community member​ 

Jan, no sorry, I never got it going, just too difficult...

the call stack is the easy bit, making the calls work is where I came unstuck.

got Host running ok, CDC of course, all DMAs, all easy... but the HUB was just crazy... hoping ST has improved the resources now after a couple of years.. I know Pavel has had some success with that.

Would like to get it running.

Willing to try again if you wish... might need support from you guys.

Got my shiny new STM32U5A9J-DK last week... could try on that if you wish... although the DMA systems are significantly different on this chip.

Have you seen the spec on this new chip ? 2.5MBytes of Ram... and a 2Lane DSI port...

still not enough for a decent display size... just cant bring myself to run a small 400x320 display..

I have many kits here just let me know which one you would like to use..

the local FAE is saying the chip is going to be very well priced.

Hey Pavel, which chip are you using for displays ?

Do you have a HUB solution ?, I could port it over if you would like...

Nick.

Oh, so HUB is still no go... Thanks.

JW

Trevor Jones
Senior

now that there is 2.5MBytes Ram, it could be useful..

if you get some work going, please let me know.

happy to cooperate with someone.

Hi @Community member​ one active project uses the same LCD, or compatible, as on the 32F746GDISCOVERY board. I don't have the exact part ID. Another projects use cheap matrix LCD (not graphics).

About USB hub, my former customer went for the Segger library and is happy with it AFAIK.

I have not finished that thing to product state.

They also told me about their competitor that managed to develop a FS hub support and host driver themselves. Their use case is quite limited though, not pushing the USB to the edge.

Thanks Pavel, Jan