cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash loader with another mcu

Yunus ARI
Senior

Hi Everyone,

I want to do e flash loader device that can be load binary to mcu via Swdio pin. Is any one can give advice about this? Maybe stlink hardware can be use or any STM32-Disco board can be use I don't know.

I just want to create something like this. Because, I have many of device in field and some time I need to do firmware update. My devices don't have any bootloader option. Because of that I have to update devices manuel with STlink. Field personnel that do this firmware update can't find computer always. So if I can create a device that can be take power from my device and can be load new firmware that has inside it will be useful.

I'm open to any advice for development.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Search "STM32 Stand-alone Programmer", or STM ISP

Perhaps look at OpenOCD, CMSIS-DAP, BIack Magic Probe type implementations.

Another method used is NRST, BOOT0, USARTx implementation using the ROM based System Loader and USART protocol (AN-2606, AN-3155 ?)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Search "STM32 Stand-alone Programmer", or STM ISP

Perhaps look at OpenOCD, CMSIS-DAP, BIack Magic Probe type implementations.

Another method used is NRST, BOOT0, USARTx implementation using the ROM based System Loader and USART protocol (AN-2606, AN-3155 ?)

Thankyou for search advice. I will look on it.

In my case unfortunately USART non an option. Because any of my devices in field didn't have USRT connection on it.

Yeah, field updates and FOTA are generally things to think about and implement BEFORE deployment.

If you have standard JTAG/SWD headers then Stand-Alone Programmers (Button Boxes) would be an option, although having access to those for a technician seems more convoluted than being able to connect an RS232 cable to a laptop.

For systems with large code/data payloads the use of USB Flash sticks, MicroSD cards, or QSPI Dongle device might be easier to deploy and faster.

Thematically similar https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000019CzkZSAS/programming-secondary-chip-using-swd-interface

Yunus ARI
Senior

Thankyou for all. I ordered a Stand-alone Programmer. Fist I will try it if its work for me.