cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f_mount returning FR_NOT_READY

fLicK
Associate

Hi.

I've been working on a project recently, and I've been having trouble with mounting an SD card. I've been getting FR_NOT_READY from f_mount function. Diving deeper into the code, I've found that SDMMC_GetCmdResp2 returns SDMMC_ERROR_CMD_RSP_TIMEOUT; which in return causes for the f_mount to fail.

My project is a custom PCB with an STM32F722VETx uC. I'm using FatFs (ver. R0.12c) with SDMMC in 4bits mode and DMA. Maybe I should note that I'm also using STemWin for this project.

I've tried lowering the clock and different kind of SD cards without success. My question is, what could cause for the SDMMC_GetCmdResp2 to return SDMMC_ERROR_CMD_RSP_TIMEOUT ?

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi.

Thanks for your response. As for my issue, I already fixed it by adding pull-up resistors in each pin (except for CK) and disabling DMA template on CubeMX.

To answer your question, I've been using a 2GB standard SD card.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Community member​ ,

Could you please provide some details about the SD card used (class, capacity etc..)?

Thanks in advance.

BeST Regards,

Walid

Hi.

Thanks for your response. As for my issue, I already fixed it by adding pull-up resistors in each pin (except for CK) and disabling DMA template on CubeMX.

To answer your question, I've been using a 2GB standard SD card.