cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest in-production with 1x USB and 2x CAN, preferrably 48-pin package

temp2010
Senior

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a good parametric search capability on the website that crosses SMT32F? series boundaries, so I've been unable to be certain if my many individual searches haven't missed anything. (On the phone yesterday, the support person was on a www.st.com/en URL while I kept being rounded to a www.st.com/b/en URL that, per voice description, was different!)

I need an STM32F processor that includes one USB port and *two* CAN ports. The cheapest I've found so far is the STM32F105R8T6. However, it's in a 64-pin package. I would far prefer a 48-pin package, even at a slightly increase cost. ARE THERE ANY 2x CAN processors in a 48-pin package (with 1x USB)? If so, what is the least expensive one that's in production and still recommended for new designs? Otherwise, what's the least expensive one in the next size package up (64 pins?), that's in production and still recommended for new designs?

In addition, please note that I need the two different CAN ports to operate on different frequencies (250kHz for one, 1MHz for the other).

4 REPLIES 4

Can't all the dual CAN STM32 operate at independent rates?

STM32F412CE

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Did you tried to perform a search using STM-MCU-Finder (or the MCU Finder embedded in STM32CubeMX)?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

temp2010
Senior

(((Amel, do you know if the dual CAN STM32 can operate at independent clock rates?)))

I was unaware of these things, Amel.

I googled and found the finder. Install software? Really? I'm not already an ST developer (although I have 40+ years doing other microprocessors). Do I really have to INSTALL software merely to look for a part? Every other manufacturer has online search... Register merely to search for parts (register in order to download software), really!? Requires a java version I don't already have, are you sh***ing me? (was that one "t" or two? I'm unsure.)

Finally, about 12 minutes later, I can search.

ST - GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. PUT THIS ON YOUR WEBSITE, READY TO GO, LIKE EVERY OTHER DECENT MANUFACTURER!

Anyway, I find 64-pin STM32F10R8, that I found by hand searching. Adding 48-pin package filter, I find STM32F412CE that Clive mentioned. So at least I've confirmed the information on hand.

Thanks,

-Helmut

I totally agree. I did take all my firewalls down and install the software but I've no idea if it's receiving updates. As Helmut says, ST get your act together and run the software on your own servers.