cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use both stm32H743 USB ports configured as hosts? By ports I mean the Full Speed port and the High Speed port.

BBert
Associate III

I need to configure one USB port as an HID host and the second USB port as an MSE host. Is this setup possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Yes

BBert
Associate III

Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I am using an STM32H743 MCU for this project. I want to connect the USH HS port to a composite HID device (a Ritek keyboard/mouse). I also need to connect the USB FS port to an MSE device (a thumb drive). I therefore need to use the USBH_ firmware.

I have both of these devices working as separate pieces of code, but I don't understand how to configure these two interfaces together.

Do you know of any examples or advice showing the configuration of this type of setup.

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob,

The USB controllers are independent. To use both of them you basically combine the code and data for each one. Of course, this should be done accurately. Devil is in details.

Examples in the ST Cube library: for one, STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.11.0/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Applications/USB_Host/DualCore_Standalone