cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-L462E-CELL1 Has anyone gotten this to connect?

KevinA
Senior

Having a bad documentation day or something, I registered the ICCID with Truphone but after 5 hours of watching it trying to find an operator I don't think it's going to happen. No information at Truphone about carriers or network support.

3 REPLIES 3
Clark Sann
Senior

Kevin, did you follow the steps on this video?

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-l462e-cell1.html?ecmp=tt20671_gl_enews_apr2021&cid=stmDM41095&bid=405399726&uid=I5Yy8vHhnHTVakMrS4DlS/WuF3wDZMRC

I am pretty sure Truphone is a carrier. The probably lease service from other carriers. Their web site shows they have service in lots of countries, but I suppose they may not have service where you are. I hope this is not your problem.

My Disco board will arrive today. I will let you know how it works as soon as I test it. I am in AR in the USA.

I need to test MQTT but that sample did not get installed from the expansion pack. Do you know how to get it installed?

Clark

KevinA
Senior

Yep, I had a heck of a time getting the ICCID, everyone else has an AT code section of their documentation, not so much with this device.

Truphone replied: AT&T ONLY

The area I'm in right now is T-Mobile and Verizon Only, in May I move to summer pasture and AT&T does get there, sometimes. I need more information on the CAT-M1 transceiver, like what carriers it is certified with in the US. I'll try a Hologram SIM when I get the time, I also have a SIM that uses Verizon without Verizon. But all that will come to wasted time without some documentation on the modem, AT support, Certifications, simple stuff.

Not wasting time on software until the modem can connect...

S.RA
ST Employee

Hello Kevin,

Sorry for answering you now.

The idea of the kit was to hide the AT command to the customer. Indeed, X-CUBE-CELLULAR is providing all needed services to control the Modem.

The device is designed to support Truphone connectivity by default to provide out of the box connectivity. However, If you are located in the USA, the Modem FW you have is configured to use default Operator. So, you need to force it to use the TRUPHONE as Operator profile. So for that you should enter the AT command at at%nwoper="Truphone" using the terminal connected to the device. Then enter the command at at%nwoper? to read the actual operator. It should display TRUPHONE. Once you have done it, then simply reboot the platform to let the device register to Truphone network. It may take some times because the device will scan all supported bands and then try to attach to the Network by selecting the correct IMSI.

Let me know if it answer your request

Best Regards

Solofo