faharintisar
Associate II

Hello, 

My issue is related to:-

MCU: STM32H733

Middleware: Azure RTOS

Middleware Component: NetxDuo (6.2.0)

Addon: mDNS

I am using Azure RTOS with NetxDuo, I implemented a secure https server in my device and implemented mDNS which was working very well for me till I required to change domain. I want to add a sub-domain like (myhostname.mysubdomain.local). In documentation it is stated that by default the domain is .local but can be changed using following API

faharintisar_0-1721299474711.png

Now, I have implemented this API in my code like this:

```

status =
nx_mdns_create(&mdns_instance, &ip_instance, &netxduo_packet_pool, MDNS_PRIORITY, mdns_thread_stack,
sizeof(mdns_thread_stack), (UCHAR *)hostname, (VOID *)local_service_cache,
sizeof(local_service_cache), (VOID *)peer_service_cache, sizeof(peer_service_cache), NX_NULL);

if (status != NX_SUCCESS)
{
Error_Handler();
}

status = nx_mdns_domain_name_set(&mdns_instance, "home");

status = nx_mdns_enable(&mdns_instance, PRIMARY_INTERFACE);

```

It returns success and according to the document I must be able to ping hostname.home but thats not the case not matter what I done it will be always accessible through hostname.local 

I checked the domain name buffer inside mdns_instance, its updated to home but even then changed domain is not accessible.

Goal: To be able to add subdomain

Bigger Picture: I want to use wild card while generating certificate and keys in alt name and CN so that same certificate can be used in many devices thats why I need subdomain as it allows wild card in *.example.local not in *.local

@STea 

Fahar
6 REPLIES 6
STea
ST Employee

Hello @faharintisar ,
After giving it some thought, I think that this could be a problem not relaled to your MCU setting this. home instead of .local but this can be explained maybe by devices on the network still memorizing the last names in mDNS cache.

So, try clearing any mDNS cache on the devices you are using to test the domain name resolution. Cached entries might still point to the old domain.
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@STea Thanks for reply, Yes I tried it but unfortunately issue is still there.

Fahar

Hello @faharintisar ,

sorry to hear this another suggestion maybe to use the API call as follows:

status = nx_mdns_domain_name_set(&mdns_instance, "hostname.home");
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

IMG_20240722_224646.jpg

@STea  Unfortunately no, https://github.com/eclipse-threadx/rtos-docs/blob/main/rtos-docs/netx-duo/netx-duo-mdns/chapter4.md

In this example they have used only domain in this api, and this is the only document and example I could find.

Fahar

Hello @faharintisar ,

did you manage to get it working? maybe see if you can seek any help from the GitHub issues related?
Regards

Thanks @STea  for asking, but unfortunately no...remanis unresolved

Fahar