cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS FreeRTOS

Jorgie
Associate III

Hi,

I have spent the last two days trying to build a demo application that connects a B-L475E-IOT01A1 to AWS.

However, I keep finding that the demos will not build due to it needing an old tool chain.

The documentation for the board on how to run AWS FreeRTOS, is from 2018 and references older AWS free RTOS version, none of the STM documentation tells you how and where to download source code from.

The AWS help on FreeRTOS has not helped. Most available documentation appears to be deprecated.

So the bottom line is:

"Is there a definitive, step by step, guide on how to set up and run an AWS demo on a B-L475E-IOT01A1?"

I would prefer to use STM32CubeIDE, however, to get myself out of a death spiral I'm prepared to try another tool chain.

Or am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Jorgie

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Jorgie and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you follow this video. The application is available on the X-CUBE-AWS Version 1.4.2.  For more details, refer to this User manual.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Jorgie
Associate III

Hi @STTwo-32 

Many thanks for a prompt reply. I had seen the video before but not the specific user manual that you provided the link for. There are a couple of options that I will try, including different IDEs.

It would appear that while the B-L475EIOT01A board is still available it is no longer a supported platform and the demo software is no longer kept up to date. I'll have to approach this from the point of view that I will need to build an application from scratch using AWS FreeRTOS rather than building a demo, which may not be such a bad thing.

This page amazon-freertos states:

"Amazon FreeRTOS starter firmware package is available for STM32L4 Discovery Kit IoT Node, B-L475E-IOT01A."

Sadly this does not appear to be true. 

Perhaps the ST website needs to be update to reflect its true supported status. 

Regards

Jorgie