cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any documentation for using LWIP + FreeRTOS + STM32H7?

JJRR
Senior

Hi,

I use STM32H7+LWIP+FreeRTOS. With using STM32IDE and this forum I can now ping to my board from PC and get answer - perfect.

Now I want to send and recieve some UDP packets - I can browse the code and try to understand how it all works (how to TX/RX). E.g. Is there any callback UDP_Packet_Recieved(..).. ?

But is there any documentation for this combo of LWIP + STM32 + FreeRTOS?

Or example how to send or recieve data?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

I recommended you this article.

Also, Many STM32H7+LWIP+FreeRTOS examples are available in the STM32H7-LwIP-Examples package.

Thank you for your contribution.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

I recommended you this article.

Also, Many STM32H7+LWIP+FreeRTOS examples are available in the STM32H7-LwIP-Examples package.

Thank you for your contribution.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Examples of UDP can be found in the Cube library, look in example projects for your board or similar board. For more info, please refer to the LwIP documentation.

(examples on https://github.com/stm32-hotspot do not contain UDP yet?)

There you can also find an echo utility to send echo requests to the board.

I use a simple python script instead :

https://gist.github.com/pavel-a/da9f87da5aae5b3956e67ca881e128dc#file-udp_echoclient-py