cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding USB MSC without CubeIDE ioc to Project

tangotoo
Associate II

I need to add USB MSC to a project that was created without an ioc file. The current project contains USB CDC already, so the USB core is already in place. I just need to swap the CDC for MSC. I would have thought that I could change a few assignments in the usb device code, but the suggestions I have found, forum post here, suggest rebuilding the project over in CubeIDE. Is this the most efficient way? My concern is there are deep vendor provided APIs that use relative paths and I'm concerned that a lot is going to break in a total rebuild.

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

I would generate a new project with CubeIDE and manually move over/replace the parts that correspond to USB functionality. As to if that will break the build, depends on how your current project is set up.

There's no magic solution here. Or rather, the CubeMX magic solution is only good if you are working off of an existing IOC file.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
tangotoo
Associate II

Thanks for the guidance, before I invested the hours, I just wanted to confirm there wasn't some kind of import tool generated in the last few years that did the job.. I started the port to ioc. I have the board up and running, now I'll just sort out the vendor code. Honestly surprised there's not a parser for the headers that reads in the pins/clock settings and makes the selections in the mx ioc. I can see how having it in the new format will pay dividends because I already demonstrated the MSC in a few minor tweaks. Pretty cool!