cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong rendering of images/components on STM32U5A9J-DK display (TouchGFX)

wizche
Associate

Hi,

I'm experimenting a bit with the TouchGFX designer and my STM32U5A9J-DK board. I created a simple project with couple of buttons and some labels and it worked straight out of the box. Imported on STM32CubeIDE, built and ran flawlessly. After playing a bit around I noticed that the display starting to show some artifacts. For example the following screen is rendered wrong, I cant really see why its even picking that red colour unless its some leftover from some previous images I used that was red.

TouchGFX Designer PreviewTouchGFX Designer PreviewRendered ScreenRendered Screen

Another example:

DesignDesignRenderingRendering

Depending on how I change the design, I may hit a clean/proper rendering.

At the beginning I thought it may be memory related but even increasing memory pool size for TouchGFX did not solve or improve it. 

Any hints? Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @wizche,

Is this issue persistent throughout a project? I mean, do the artifacts always happen for the two example projects you shown or do they happen once and get fixed later?

What version of TouchGFX are you using? 

It would be very nice if you could share one of your projects that behaves like that.

Best regards,

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi Mohammad, 

It's consistent throughout a project, the two different rendering are just based on the same project, was just experimenting with different layout.

I uploaded just TouchGFX part (to keep it small) on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TgyBmnnCztr6jDri7TpyFr-4U8Rrlizp/view?usp=sharing

On the last rendering you see for example that I moved the button down a bit, but on the screen we see the "leftover" where the label was previously located. 

download.jpg

I am running version 4.24.0. I've now created a new project from scratch trying to reproduce the same issue, but I wasn't able to. Maybe is not even worth investigating this further?

Hello @wizche,

Thanks for sharing your project. I also tried, but I was not able to replicate the artifacts.

Based on your description, there is a good chance that the external flash has not been cleared properly and has caused the artifacts. It is a common mistake that can happen, and by unplugging the board from power and flashing it again, the problem will be solved as in your case.  

If every works correctly now, we can halt the investigation. 

Mohammad MORADI
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX