cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Using An External Programer with Nucleo-G031K8

Bcarpneter5
Associate II

Hey, I'm using a NUCLEO-G031K8 board. I currently have jink running on it, and I can easily run debug and program with the USB interface. I'm currently trying to flash it using an external jink EDU programmer, and I have also tried by buying a larger NUCLEO Board and snapping off the programmer to program it. All these seem to connect to the NUCLEO, but they all error when they try to erase the board.

Do I have to connect Solder bridge 2 (st-link reset).

Or is there another Configuration I have to do with the hardware?

I have already soldered on the 5 programing pins, and also edited the NRST register so that it is not acting as a GPIO pin.

any help would be gladly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

>>I have already soldered on the 5 programing pins

The pin header on NUCLEO boards are typically to EXPORT a debug connection, not for you to debug the on-board target.

You need to get to the SWDIO/SWCLK  (PA13 PA14) pins of the MCU. NRST is also helpful to help wrestle control of the MCU as it starts.

Pull a schematic for you board, see CAD Resources tab of product landing page.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

>>I have already soldered on the 5 programing pins

The pin header on NUCLEO boards are typically to EXPORT a debug connection, not for you to debug the on-board target.

You need to get to the SWDIO/SWCLK  (PA13 PA14) pins of the MCU. NRST is also helpful to help wrestle control of the MCU as it starts.

Pull a schematic for you board, see CAD Resources tab of product landing page.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I see what you mean ... the 5 pins are connected too the st-link USB programmer, that is already on the Board.

After digging deep I realize that there is no pin access to PA13/14 on the board. except through Soldering on extra exterior wires.

If you have any shortcuts you know about accessing theses pins, it would be greatly appreciated, but I'm guessing it'll be a good old fashioned solder job.