cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32h747i-DISCO: Position of CN8 and CN5 not specified

JSchn.4
Associate III

Hi there,

we are currently designing a sandwich board for the STM32H747i-DISCO board and we want to connect via CN8 and CN5. So far I have only found technical drawings in dm00504240.pfg (see attachment). But the exact position of the two connectors is not specified there.

Any help is highly appreciated!

JSchn.4

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

You can look at the Gerber files if the dimensions given in the user manual are not sufficient. Look in CAD resources for the Board Manufacturing Specifications.

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32h747i-disco.html#cad-resources

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JSchn.4
Associate III

@TDK​ , thanks a lot for your help.

Unfortunately, I am still loosing the needed information. On KiCad, i am not able to open the Gerber Drill files. Get the error message: "Tool 0 not defined".

All I need is the exact position of the CN8 and CN5 and the 4 drill holes for the MB1166.

Would really appreciate your help!

Johannes

Open the Gerber files directly with gerbv and you can find individual hole locations.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JSchn.4
Associate III

@TDK​ , thanks again for the quick response.

Unfortunately, I can only assume the exact measures, since gerbv does not have access to the properties of the element. See attached screenshot0693W00000D2gNNQAZ.png

I’m 100% sure it’s possible to get this info out of gerbv with the appropriate gerber file. But I’m not in a position to do it right now. If you ping me again in a week, I can.
JSchn.4
Associate III

Thanks a lot, I will contact you again in a week!

Johannes

JSchn.4
Associate III

@TDK​ 

Did you find the time to look for the specific data?

In addition to the exact position of the connectors, we want to put the LCP display into a case, I would like to know what the radius of the MB1166 display is exactly.

Thanks a lot

Johannes

TDK
Guru

The .ART files are the Gerber files to look at. Looks like you are looking at a dimension file.

To center of mass from left side (x=0) and bottom side (y=0):

CN8: 3.453, 0.743

CN5: 3.193, 2.643

0693W00000DlTsXQAV.png 

I can't find the datasheet for the LCD. The radius is probably in there.

JSchn.4
Associate III

@TDK​ : Thanks a lot!