Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f429 discovery board binary file issues

paramasivan
Associate II
Posted on November 11, 2014 at 14:15

Hi,

I have created a binary of STM32f429 demostration application code by using IAR workbech. Program the firmware upgrade code in to the discovery board by Jlink debuger. I tried to upload the binary file through the USB key, but its not working. But i wonder, the example binary file ''STM32F429I-Discovery_LTDC_ColorKeying_0x08020000.bin'' working fine. Why the IAR workbench created bin file is not working? How to create a compatible  bin file for this discovery board?

The binary file size of demo application is 999 Kb. Is there any code size limit in the firmware upgrade program?

#rewrite #stm32f4 #usb #eeprom #discovery #flash #stm32f #st-link/v2-stm32f4discovery
12 REPLIES 12
paramasivan
Associate II
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 15:58

paramasivan
Associate II
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 16:02

Posted on November 21, 2014 at 01:03

Debuggers tend to enable clocks, and peripherals the need to use. Change DBGMCU settings, and touch peripherals in non-transparent ways. At reset they can delay and redirect execution, so issues with clocks or PLL timing out might be missed.

Your issues are perhaps more mundane, with hardware or interrupts left hanging as you transition to the application. Or execution occurring so quickly it doesn't see you pressing the button.

Your options here are to provide progress information via the USART or GPIOs, step through transition code, not allowing the debugger to ''run to main'', and breakpointing things.

Look hard at what your BSP init code is doing, if you really need to use interrupts for the USART, etc.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..