cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32CubeProgrammer is not recognizing the Board (instead of STM32H750 it says --). The device is wrong as well - it says STM32F72x/STM32F73x although it is STM32H750. What can i do?

BHure.1
Associate III
15 REPLIES 15

Hey clive1,

Thanks for point out. Now I understand why CubeProgrammer detects it.

Tried to shortcut R144, power it by STLK and USB, got no result.

How can I reset the LDO/SMPS and VOS settings? As long as I cannot connect to the board, CubeProgrammer does not let me change anything.

TDK
Guru

Disconnect everything from the board. Plug a USB connector into CN14. Open STM32CubeProgrammer. Try to connect to the chip.

What happens?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

>>How can I reset the LDO/SMPS and VOS settings? As long as I cannot connect to the board, Cube Programmer does not let me change anything.

If it worked once, then it is more probable that the LDO/SMPS and VOS settings/code are wrong. The recovery method there is to strap BOOT0 HIGH and power cycle the board a couple of times until you can erase the H7

You then need to fix your software so that the SystemClock_Config() doesn't configure the H750 incorrectly. See the CubeH7 examples for the board.

If you've bricked the firmware on the ST-LINK/V3, that's a whole other issue, and you'd need to find the loader binary for it,

The ST-LINK should connect via USB using CN14. JP8 should be on STLK

If you can find the ST-LINK/V3 but you get a "Target Not Found" error, then you need to focus on the H7 firmware and recovering that. R144 (BOOT0-H7) shorted, and cycle power (completely disconnect/reconnect), and then erase once you can connect to the H7

If that doesn't work you'll probably need to work with ST support directly, and look critically at all jumpers/settings, and check voltages at regulators, test points, etc.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Check JP1 is fitted

Check voltages at TP3 TP5 TP6

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks clive for your effort.

Do you happen to know where I can get a documentation for the board? The user manual for H745 and H750 disco board is very scarse (only 32 pages).

I noticed that if JP1 is not fitted, the display is empty.

TP stands for testing points? What should be the values for TP3, TP5 and TP6?