cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK error after Firmware update

Alaa
Associate II

Hi,

I connected my brand new STM32F769I EVAL board to power and to PC through USB ST-Link port, I opened STM32CubeProgrammer, picked ST-LINK connection on the top right, clicked Connect, and it said that I need to perform a firmware update first. So I click Firmware upgrade, and the ST-LINK/V2 is recognized in the Upgrade tool, so I perform an upgrade successfully.

But now after restarting the device and going back to CubeProgrammer, the drop down menu next to the Serial number under ST-LINK configuration says "No ST-LINK detected". I tried pressing refresh but it didn't help. If I click Firmware upgrade, the ST-LINK/V2 is detected in the STLinkUpgrade window, and I see a valid ST-Link ID, but clicking on Open in update mode now results in an error: Error connecting to device ST-LINK/V2 (error 0x21); check the USB connection and refresh the device list. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the USB, refreshing the device list, switching to another USB port, all to no avail. Again, it detected it successfully a few minutes prior to that and performed a successful firmware upgrade.

I have STM32CubeProgrammer v2.6.0.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alaa
Associate II

Restarting my PC solved the problem

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Alaa
Associate II

Restarting my PC solved the problem