cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rogram external stm32 board using NUCLEO-G491Re development board

khushbu
Associate

Hello,

I have a NUCLEO-G491Re development board, and I would like to program my external board using the development board's ST-Link. Could you please guide me on how to do that?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @khushbu, to the community!

In some older NUCLEO boards, it was possible to use the included ST-LINK/V2-1 as an independent ST-LINK. With the NUCLEO-G491RE (MB1367) this was no longer provided.

Theoretically, after a cursory glance at the schematics, one could come to the conclusion that by removing SB40, SB41 and possibly other jumper/solder bridges, one could lead out the port of the ST-LINK/V3E. However, it is already difficult with the T_NRST signal, as it is permanently connected to the target STM32 and JP3 separates T_NRST from the ST-LINK. All in all, the effort involved is too great for a conversion of the NUCLEO-G491RE to be worthwhile.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @khushbu, to the community!

In some older NUCLEO boards, it was possible to use the included ST-LINK/V2-1 as an independent ST-LINK. With the NUCLEO-G491RE (MB1367) this was no longer provided.

Theoretically, after a cursory glance at the schematics, one could come to the conclusion that by removing SB40, SB41 and possibly other jumper/solder bridges, one could lead out the port of the ST-LINK/V3E. However, it is already difficult with the T_NRST signal, as it is permanently connected to the target STM32 and JP3 separates T_NRST from the ST-LINK. All in all, the effort involved is too great for a conversion of the NUCLEO-G491RE to be worthwhile.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.