cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with data transmission - NUCLEO-H753ZI

Ditzhak
Associate III

Hi, Im using NUCLEO-H753ZI board and i want to send raw data to computer terminal. i tried to by using USART1. according to the schematics i can send data via USRAT1 through the USB power connection and it not working. i also tried to use USB_DEVICE to send the data but it fails again. 

in my last project i have used NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q and i send the data with USART1 and there were no problem at all.

can someone can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Not all NUCLEO boards have the same USART connected to the ST-LINK for a Virtual COM Port VCP, e.g. on the NUCLEO-H753ZI it is USART3, as can be seen from the schematics.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Not all NUCLEO boards have the same USART connected to the ST-LINK for a Virtual COM Port VCP, e.g. on the NUCLEO-H753ZI it is USART3, as can be seen from the schematics.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Unfortunately "not working" is not a particularly helpful description.

The NUCLEO-H753ZI should have a ST-LINK/V3 with a VCP. Not sure of the band-width limit there, but I'd imagine it's quite high. Does it work at lower speeds?

Doesn't the VCP use USART3 PD8 / PD9 ?

USB fails? Fails HOW?

Anticipate you might have to debug your situation.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank you for your answer,

i saw to that the USART3 is connected to VCP and i start the transmission with: 

HAL_UART_Transmit(&huart3, (uint8_t *)txBuf, len, HAL_MAX_DELAY);

when im in debug mode and i reach to the transmission command the command seems executed just fine but there is no output on the computer terminal.

my configuration is  USAT3, Mode >> Asynchronous, Baud Rate >> 115200.

The remaining configurations were not changed. 

I have tried to change the baud rate to 9600 and still the same result.

hope i manage to explain more efficiently the problem