cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F767ZI must reset after power ON

ManhPham
Associate II

Hello everyone, my programme on Nucleo-F767ZI do not run when I power ON by external power supply. I force to press reset button or power supply st-link by usb cable.

I searched some solutions such as: BOOT0 to GND; or turn on bit POR = 1 in RCC_CSR, but nothing worked. 

I don't want to use external circuit to reset.

Anyone can share with me some useful solutions to solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

So can I remove SB3 and SB111 like 3.3V?

No, so you need to read the first section (VIN/E5V) and apply the described power sequence procedure.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AScha.3
Chief

Hi,

so your nucleo is running, if connecting st-link -> USB ?

But without power on st-link - not ?

Then look , what you get, if st-link not powered:

AScha3_0-1718345216792.png

Clk is coming from st-link , so you have to power the st-link, to get the 8MHz clk, 

or set solder bridges + a crystal connected to F767,

or use only internal HSI clk in your program.

+

Boot0 at gnd , is always needed, if you dont want to start the internal bootloader.

+

NRST has to be separated from st-link, if you dont power it; so power st-link, even if you dont use it - 

or separate the F767 reset from not powered st-link.

Just look at the circuit of your board, to see, what to do .

https://www.st.com/resource/en/schematic_pack/nucleo_144pins_sch.zip

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks for your advice.

Using clk HSI make the timer run incorrectly in my programme. Best option is supply power for st-link, I don't want to supply through the Micro USB port. 

Could I external supply power for st-link by jumper or other pin ? Which pin, pls help?

Hello,

Please refer to the UM1974 page 23:

SofLit_0-1718358483613.png

For 3.3V power supply: you need to remove SB3 and SB111 to disconnect ST-LINK from the main MCU because it's keeping resetting it.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Sorry no, my external power is 5V, not 3.3V.

No, so you need to read the first section (VIN/E5V) and apply the described power sequence procedure.

Could I supply external power for ST-Link by others pin (not micro USB port), because I need access micro USB port to debug or read log file