cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-F446ZE TIM1 and ADC trigger conversion - need assistance

Dev-Axe
Visitor

Hi,

I am working on a project to control BLDC motor so I configured the TIM1 as shown below:

DevAxe_0-1721125967002.png

I have selected the TGRO trigger event selection to be "Update Event". I have confusion now because when the counter mode is "Center Aligned Mode 3" the update event will be occured twice 1 for underflow(counting down) and 1 for overflow (counting up) in this scenario which event will trigger the ADC?

ADC:

I have configured the ADC as shown below:

DevAxe_1-1721126135533.png

in the external trigger I have set "Timer 1 Capture Compare 1 Event" now this where the confusion is. What this trigger source means that every time there is update event on timer 1 it will trigger?. also I want more explanation regarding all these trigger events with a diagram would be great:

DevAxe_2-1721126235504.png

My objective is to trigger the adc at the start of PWM cycle and when the ADC conversion is finished generate an interrupt to run my FOC code in a bare metal configuration. 

I am using ST controller for the first time so please help me get this up and running. 

if there is any example then please let me know I can follow it or an application note. 

Also I want the ADC to single scan of all the channels not contineous conversion.

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

Hi,

Figure 143. "Center-aligned PWM waveforms" in Reference Manual RM0390 Rev 6 is your friend. Choose an OCxREF for TRGO. You can use CH4 for adjusting the sampling point. Choose rising or falling edge (or both) in ADC trigger.

hth

KnarfB

Dev-Axe
Visitor

Hi KnarfB,

Thank you very much for your help. 

does the channel 4 of Tim 1 can trigger ADC? as I dont see as an option please see below 

DevAxe_0-1721129112972.png

also OC1REF refers to channel 1 and OC2REF refers to channel 2 If i am correct. 

DevAxe_1-1721129303046.png

please check the above diagram if it is correct.

is there an example associated to this type of configuration?

Thanks,