cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lwip, netif_is_link_up

HS
Associate II

When running on the STM32 F746 eval board, the code does not go into the "netif_is_link_up(&gnetif)" function in the lwip.c file. For this reason I cannot ping. How can I solve this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
LCE
Principal

Debug and find out exactly where it fails.

Probably PHY setup and / or auto-negotiation.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @HS and welcome to the community 🙂,

Could you please check the LwIp configuration.

For that, this FAQ How do I create a project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working? can help you.

Also, I advise you to start with an available example

I hope this help you!

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

HS
Associate II

Hi, actually there is a board we designed and it uses stm32 h743 series and dp83848 IC. Ethernet did not work on this card. For this reason, to test Phy, we moved the pins of the dp83848 integrated circuit on our board to the nucleo F746 eval board. And ethernet still doesn't work. Do you have any suggestions for this? How do I create a project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working? I tried the steps in this link, but I couldn't get any results.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @HS ,

I advise you to start with an available example and refer to it to configure your project. For that, I think this example can help you STM32H7-LwIP-Examples/STM32H743_Nucleo_ETH at main · stm32-hotspot/STM32H7-LwIP-Examples · GitHub.

Note that this example allows a communication with LAN8742 but you can update it to allow communication with DP83848 by comparing the datasheets of the two PHY chips for differences, and then review the code to identify where those differences are to be taken into account.

May be this FAQ can help you Ethernet not working on STM32H7x3 - STMicroelectronics Community.

I hope this help you to solve your issue.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.