cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrate STLINK into our own design possible?

Gunnar Bohlen
Associate III

Hello,

can we integrate an STLINK debug interface into our module? The module uses an STM32F7xx.

If yes, where would I find related documents (example schematic, BOM, firmware) ?

This would allow our customers to update the firmware and debug their own firmware without opening the housing.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Tilen MAJERLE
ST Employee

Hello Gunnar,

we are working on a STLink V3-MODS module which you are able to solder on target board. See user manual here: https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group1/00/14/17/68/0f/01/48/01/DM00555046/files/DM00555046.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00555046.pdf

For now we only have STLINK-V3MINI available, which is the same but with connector below.

If you wish to use ST-Link V2 instead, please contact your ST representative and please ask him for next steps.

I would rather suggest you to wait for STLINK-V3MODS instead.

Best regards,

Tilen

Gunnar Bohlen
Associate III

Hello Tilen,

thank you for the quick answer.

STLINK-V3MINI looks nice, but I think it would not fit into our design:

USB pins D+/D- are only availabe at the USB connector? We cannot place the module onto our board with the USB connector accessible from outside the housing, and I don't see that the D+/D- are available at the 32 pin edge connector.

I assume that integrating STLINK V2 based on the STM32F103 would incrase the hardware costs by ~5€.

I will talk to an ST representative and find out what is possible.

Regards

Gunnar

Singh.Harjit
Senior II

Can you share approximate timeline of the STLink V3-MODS?

Also, where can we find the schematics for the STLink V3-MINI?

Thank you in advance.