cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am now using 1.8V for VDD and 3.3V for VDDA. There is no USB. So I am fine having this power regime. The question I now have is on the programming aspects of the MCU (STM32G4A1KEU6). I have (we use) an STLINK programmer:STLINK-V3MINIE. All these time I

DOwus.1
Associate II

I am now using 1.8V for VDD and 3.3V for VDDA. There is no USB. So I am fine having this power regime. The question I now have is on the programming aspects of the MCU (STM32G4A1KEU6). I have (we use) an STLINK programmer:STLINK-V3MINIE. All these time I have been using a 3V3 supplies. So it is a straight forward programming over SWD using this programmer. Now that I am using 1.8V power rail for VDD, I am wondering if the STLINK-V3MINIE can handle this as it is or I need to put some level shift on my hardware (target device)? If I need to set something on the STM32cubeProgrammer, please advise me on it as well please.

The link to the programming dongle that I use is below:

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/STMicroelectronics/STLINK-V3MINIE?qs=MyNHzdoqoQKcLQe5Jawcgw%3D%3D

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

STLINK-V3MINI is for 3.0 - 3.6 V output.

You'll need STLINK-V3SET with the MB1440 adapter board to level shift. Or find a nucleo board that runs on 1.8V (e.g. NUCLEO-L433RC-P) and use the on-board debugger from there.

Edit: STLINK-V3MINIE supports 1.8V.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
S.Ma
Principal

STLink-V3mini does not support level shift, however, the miniE does.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dDVLMQA4.png