Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for minimal schematic for stm32l031f4p3

Saif Ul Islam
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On the MicroPython website you will find a bunch of different boards and prepared binaries, also created for NUCLEO boards. Some of the targets don't provide USB, like your STM32L031, so maybe you could copy some parts of the schematics from the NUCLEO_F091RC or the NUCLEO_F401RE. Both are based on the same board MB1136, which also contains the debugger ST-LINK/V2-1, but in your design you can connect an ST-LINK externally using SWD pins of your STM32L031F4P3 (pin 19, 20).

Alternatively, you can also use UART2 or SPI1 for programming, but this would require an UART or an SPI interface and some user interaction, since BOOT0=1 and nBOOT1=1 must be set for the internal bootloader (see AN2606, pattern 2).

Regards,

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

...to do what?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Actually I have to design a board based on this STM32L031F4P3 controller for a client he wants to implement micro python in it. I am looking for some reference design of said controller I have confusion regarding what hardware is required to connect it to PC for Programming? Will it be a UART to USB converter or ST-link or something else ?

On the MicroPython website you will find a bunch of different boards and prepared binaries, also created for NUCLEO boards. Some of the targets don't provide USB, like your STM32L031, so maybe you could copy some parts of the schematics from the NUCLEO_F091RC or the NUCLEO_F401RE. Both are based on the same board MB1136, which also contains the debugger ST-LINK/V2-1, but in your design you can connect an ST-LINK externally using SWD pins of your STM32L031F4P3 (pin 19, 20).

Alternatively, you can also use UART2 or SPI1 for programming, but this would require an UART or an SPI interface and some user interaction, since BOOT0=1 and nBOOT1=1 must be set for the internal bootloader (see AN2606, pattern 2).

Regards,

/Peter