cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I do a power cycle?

Vmere.1
Senior

Which Pin should I set and reset to make a power cycle happen in STM3G4 or any popular STM32F3xxx.. ??

I have 2 mcu's and with one of it I want to do a power cycle..

I mean to remove the power and connect it again. What should I do here?

10 REPLIES 10
TDK
Guru

Power cycle requires you to remove power which will vary based on how your chip is powered. It may not be possible to power cycle the chip independently of other things on the board. You haven’t provided any details about the hardware you’re working with.

Toggling NRST will reset the chip.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Vmere.1
Senior

Toggling Reset will do system reset.

I need a power on Reset, trying to find ways to do it. But really couldn't find out.

And I am using STM32f302vc now.

Power cycle isn’t a software thing. You need to remove power. How you do that depends on your hardware board, which you still haven’t provided. For example, if power is coming via the usb cable, you would need to remove and reply the cable to cycle power.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

...or the pin-controlled switching off of the supply voltage via e.g. a transistor.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Yes, but good luck toggling the pin back on once power is lost. Not saying it couldn’t be done, but this functionality is not something typically present on boards.

I understood what you said.

Now I have four options.

1. vbat_t
  2. 3v3a_t
  3. 3v3_t (This is being using. I see a jumper on it).
  4. 5v_t

what I need is (from my simulator stm32 I need to do a power on reset to the target stm32f302vc)?.

Also i have some dac ports available to do this.

LCE
Principal

Do you mean that one of the two controllers stays "alive" and can power down the other controller?

Yes. This is my target.

And I should implement this. Not implemented yet.

Show your board schematic.