cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware design and LVDS display need to integrate

jr_engr_mbed
Associate III

Hi, can anyone please confirm,, I'm going to buy 8.8 inch LVDS display with 1280*480 resolution., so, for this display size and resolution is stm32H7 or f7 is more sufficient to handle and also can this used without memory constraints with GUI for user interface (plz, say anything like touch gfx or embedded wizard which can be used easily with which hardware MCU).. please suggest can MCU either dual core h745,,or which one more comfortable for making UI software without writing lot from scratch..

Waiting for detailed reply from st-electronics,, as this the starting point for end product prototype

I Can see design file(phil's lab youtube- custom hw flight controller board by h7), so, can it be import and modify accordingly for display port and few uarts is good idea and easy way to use starting point of the hardware for my display??

1 REPLY 1
INaee.1
Associate III

Hi ,,

Any resolution can be interfaced with STM32H or STM32F if the maximum PCLK (Pixel Clock) is within the TFT refresh rate range .

I will prefer H745 as target MCU coz its dual core . M4 you can use for communication and M7 you should use for Touch GFX Application.

The independent processing will provide you better performance , but you need to define some small space in SDRAM for data share between cores.

Regards

Imran