cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expert Advice Needed for GUI Handling on H753(single core) with 1280x800 TFT RGB Display

jr_engr_mbed
Senior
Hi ST-Community Members,

We have chosen the H753BI MCU as the main unit for our project, utilizing 32MB SDRAM and 128MB parallel NOR flash. We are nearing the final prototype model, but we need to finalize the GUI and hardware. We selected a 1280x800 RGB display with LTDC connection. According to the datasheet, there are specific conditions to achieve this resolution, but we are using it as 24bpp and RGB888. The display is working fine with TouchGFX enabled, though the CTP is not yet connected due to hardware issues.

Our questions are:

1. Will this application work with stability after full GUI access?
  2. Is it necessary to use a dual-core setup (M7 for GUI and M4 for other tasks) for this resolution and handling the GUI, or is the H753 alone sufficient for ECG wave acquisition along with GUI tasks?

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

You'd want 32-bit wide SDRAM access

Hard to gauge the processor loading, this YOUR use case, so someone there should have a handle on the complexity. I'd assume the sample rates are relatively pedestrian, not 1 Msps. What kind of load do your processing/analysis algorithms consume, assume you can evaluate this irrespective of the MCU/display capabilities.

To map to different processors you'll first need to sub-divide the tasks and understand what data each needs, and how it allocates, processes and flows. YOUR team needs a top-to-bottom understanding of how this all needs to fit together, what parts have serial dependencies, and what things can get done concurrently.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

1. My application involves:

1. We are already able to display without touchgfx of all 12-lead ECG data from the UART of its sensor module, so it seems easy.
  2. We need to use that waveform to get printouts from the display via SPI communication to a thermal printer.
  3. Other basic peripherals such as USB, I2C for the touchscreen, SD card, and a few others.

So, for allocating tasks to run these works, is it fine? Is the task management you are referring to done using FreeRTOS?

2.we changed the default NOR flash from MT28EW128ABA on the evaluation board to a QFN package with more memory- MT28EW01GABA (1Gb, 128MB). Is the STM32h743I evaluation board BSP suitable for this new NOR flash part number? If not, can you share any links or guidance on how to enable my NOR flash?