cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESD TESTING

Anu
Associate

Hi,

i am studying about the EMI,EMC compliances of STM32 microcrontroller, my doubt is when i am studying about ESD compliances of IEC 61000-4-2 standard and i am not getting that after testing the microcontroler using NCG 435 test equipment......how i will get to know that my microcontroller is damaged

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

There’s no easy solution for this. You need to test all functionality you care about after ESD testing to ensure the product survived. There are many failure points.

One quick check would be to ensure the current draw after ESD testing is the same as before. If it’s different, this suggests an issue somewhere.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
rromano001
Senior

Hi, from your word I see an intermixed about EMI EMC relative to <EM> fields and ESD relative to <ES> Discharge.

EMI and EMC are relative to design where MCU is mounted in how ElectroMagnetic fields interact.

Again ESD model is specified from manufacturer, final <ESD> depend again on design and how protected is "design" than component.

ESD generally damage input output pin in moderate Electric field, can damage metal part in extreme strong discharge (Lightning).

This question as is has no answer but question about "how to ask".

Regards