cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-U585I-IOT02A with AWS IoT

ffjunq
Associate II

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well.

I'm starting a new project where the main requirement is Wi-Fi connectivity and connection to AWS IoT. While researching what ST has to offer in this regard, I came across the document: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/getting-started-with-stm32u5-iot-discovery-kit-and-aws/ta-p/49682. It discusses the B-U585I-IOT02A kit, which seems to be quite comprehensive. However, I noticed that the code available in the document https://github.com/FreeRTOS/iot-reference-stm32u5.git entirely uses FreeRTOS and does not include the .ioc file, which I am quite familiar with for configuring pins, timers, etc.

Does ST have any other examples or kits that include Wi-Fi and AWS IoT connectivity? If yes, could you please provide a reference link? If not, I would like to know if it's possible to port the pure FreeRTOS code to a version that uses both FreeRTOS and the ST configurator .ioc.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @ffjunq 

For the configuration of the AWS support on the B-U585I-IOT02A, i suggest you to refer to the X-CUBE-AWS. All exemples that does not use cube MX can be migrated to use CubeMX including project with RTOS. 

If you want to use another board with examples containing a .ioc fil, i suggest you to use the X-CUBE-AWS-H5 with the STM32H573I-DK. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @ffjunq 

For the configuration of the AWS support on the B-U585I-IOT02A, i suggest you to refer to the X-CUBE-AWS. All exemples that does not use cube MX can be migrated to use CubeMX including project with RTOS. 

If you want to use another board with examples containing a .ioc fil, i suggest you to use the X-CUBE-AWS-H5 with the STM32H573I-DK. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the support!

Do you happen to have the STM32U585 board ported for CubeMX? I'm asking because I don't have much time to dedicate to development, so I'm not comfortable spending time on porting. In this case, I believe it would be best to migrate to the STM32H5 board, as I'm more familiar with CubeMX configurations.

Unfortunately, all examples for the STM32U585 does not use CubeMX but you can regenarte. You may think about using the STM32H5 examples.if your question is answered, close the topic by choosing a best answer.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32