cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-L462E-CELL1 - Current Consumption

Chani
Associate II

Hello, 

I have to evaluate the current consumption of the LBAD0ZZ1SE Module. 
I measured the Idd Current on JP1 of the B-L462E-CELL1 board. (see attached PDF). 
The mean current is around 60mA. This is far away from low power. So my question is:
Is there a demo firmware, which puts the hardware into low power mode so I can verify the "ultra low power" feature of the module? Or a democode, which puts the module in low power mode and only sends data when you press a button (or a certain amount of time has passed).
Looking at the source code of the CellularIot example (en.stm32cubeexpansion-cellular-v7-1-0\STM32CubeExpansion_CELLULAR_V7.1.0\Projects\B-L462E-CELL1\Demonstrations\CellularIoT) the following code can be found in the plf_sw_config.h File: 

/* Reserved for future use. Do not activate ! */

#if !defined USE_LOW_POWER

#define USE_LOW_POWER (0) /* 0: not activated, 1: activated*/

#endif /* !defined USE_LOW_POWER */

What does that mean? When will this feature be implemented and what does it do?
Are there any current measurements from Murata or ST that prove that the module can also be operated in ultra-low power mode and what, for example, the relationship between the power consumption and the data rate is?
In the official datasheet does not give a single information about the power consumption (https://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Murata%20PDFs/LBAD0ZZ1SE_DS.pdf). 

Best Regards,

0 REPLIES 0