cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DAC of NUCLEO-H503RB

sh.lee
Associate II

I am trying to use the DAC feature of Nucleo-H503.
Pinned the cube MX and wrote the code.
However, the program does not work after entering the MX_DAC1_Init() function, created by Cube MX.
I checked in debug mode and found an error in the syntax below.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

HAL_StatusTypeDef HAL_DAC_ConfigChannel(DAC_HandleTypeDef *hdac,
const DAC_ChannelConfTypeDef *sConfig, uint32_t Channel)
{
#if !defined(TIM8)
/* Devices STM32H503xx */
/* On STM32H503EB (package WLCSP25) DAC channel 1 connection to GPIO is not available and should not be configured.
Package information is stored at the address PACKAGE_BASE, WLCSP25 correspond to the value 0xF (For more
information, please refer to the Reference Manual) */
const __IO uint16_t *tmp_package = (uint16_t *)PACKAGE_BASE;
if ((*(tmp_package) & 0x1FUL) == 0x0FUL)         /// ERROR ///
{
if ((Channel == DAC_CHANNEL_1)
&& ((sConfig->DAC_ConnectOnChipPeripheral == DAC_CHIPCONNECT_EXTERNAL)
|| (sConfig->DAC_ConnectOnChipPeripheral == DAC_CHIPCONNECT_BOTH)))
{
/* Update return status */
status = HAL_ERROR;

/* Change the DAC state */
hdac->State = HAL_DAC_STATE_ERROR;

/* Update error code */
SET_BIT(hdac->ErrorCode, HAL_DAC_ERROR_INVALID_CONFIG);
}
}
#endif /* Devices STM32H503xx */

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

When the program enters the #if syntax, it is unable to exit the infinite loop after going from "if (*(tmp_package) & 0x1FUL) == 0x0FUL)" to "HardFault_Handler()"

In my project's MCU Selector, I chose Board Selector > NUCLEO-H503RB. On the other hand, STM32H503RBTx is selected instead of Board in ST example project.

Is the DAC feature not available on the NUCLEO-H503RB Board?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Artur IWANICKI
ST Employee

Hello,

There is DAC in this MCU. The issue you are observing is related to the ICache activity on read-only part of the memory (package information). To solve the issue you can either disable ICache or disable cacheability of this region. Please have a look at reference manual RM0492, point 7.3.2, page 118:
“By default, all the AHB memory range is cacheable. For regions where caching is not practical (OTP, RO), MPU has to be used to disable local cacheability.”.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Artur IWANICKI
ST Employee

Hello,

There is DAC in this MCU. The issue you are observing is related to the ICache activity on read-only part of the memory (package information). To solve the issue you can either disable ICache or disable cacheability of this region. Please have a look at reference manual RM0492, point 7.3.2, page 118:
“By default, all the AHB memory range is cacheable. For regions where caching is not practical (OTP, RO), MPU has to be used to disable local cacheability.”.