cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parallel synchronous slave interface (PSSI) Host-to-Host app-note or example.

Michael Schmid
Associate III

Dear all,

ST brought a new feature to the STM32H7A/B and some L4+ MCUs, the "parallel synchronous slave interface (PSSI)". We would like to use this for a fast host-to-host communication. But this interface seem so new, we could only find register description in the RM0432 Reference manual. Are there any code example or app-notes for PSSI host-to-host communication?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Michael Schmid​ ,

To answer your question: I assume this was just the example choice as PSSI can be configured in both 8-bit or 16-bit parallel data input or output.

Then, it may also be related to hardware constraint: we don't have all required pins available in both boards for 16-bit mode.

For my curiosity: could you please explain how will you be using this interface as a host-to-host while PSSI is operating in slave mode? Which device will be connected in your case? For the example, we used 2 NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michael Schmid
Associate III

To answer my own question: I have found a great example under

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q/Examples/PSSI/PSSI_Transmit_Receive_DMA

The only question open now for me: In the above example, only 8 bit data width is used. What changes would be required to use a 16 bit wide bus? Is there a reason, why only 8 bit, out of the available 16 bit, was used?

Hi @Michael Schmid​ ,

To answer your question: I assume this was just the example choice as PSSI can be configured in both 8-bit or 16-bit parallel data input or output.

Then, it may also be related to hardware constraint: we don't have all required pins available in both boards for 16-bit mode.

For my curiosity: could you please explain how will you be using this interface as a host-to-host while PSSI is operating in slave mode? Which device will be connected in your case? For the example, we used 2 NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Amel,

To answer your question: when I was writing host-to-host, I was thinking about the function of the chip, not the interface mode. Of course, there will be a master and slaves, as in the example with the 2 NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q boards.

About the pin constraint: When I use STM32cubeMX, select the NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q board, initialize the default periphery, I can select PSSI with 16 bit wide bus. Could you tell me, what pins are missing for a 16 bit wide implementation?

Thanks.

About the pin constraint: When I use STM32cubeMX, select the NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q board, initialize the default periphery, I can select PSSI with 16 bit wide bus. Could you tell me, what pins are missing for a 16 bit wide implementation?

==> it is just an assumption, as I didn't reviewed deeply the example.

LGonz.1
Associate

Dear community,

do you have the example working as you expected? Recently I try it but the master stuck as no one package were received. With polling and generating pulses with a gpio I accomplish to receive data but it required to have two adittional clocks before DE get low and one or two pulses after. Another observation is that after transmitting a package the clock polarity change from FALLING to RISING. is the any errata?