cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

writing NFC messages to NFC enabled telephone devices

LauraCx
ST Employee

** Question asked by @toshko​ **

I'd like to know more about the similarities and differences when writing NFC messages to NFC enabled telephone devices (for example, between WiFi OOB and (File, Text, SMS and Mail))

I have ST25R3916 and STM32F429 and I can write NFC messages in Card Emulation mode: URI, Bluetooth pairing and WiFi OOB. I would like to know exactly what are those important details when I have to write a file, text SMS and e-mail. For example, if I have to write such NFC messages, what encryption function should I use for each NFC message here. Also other details and of your good practices how to organize what is needed.

Best Regards,

Toshko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi @toshko​ 

NFC Forum does not specify any particular encryption methods for NDEF message Read or NDEF message Write. Therefore, there is no need for an encryption function during NDEF read or write operations.

Can you share more details about your use case in particular regarding your need for encryption?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi @toshko​ 

NFC Forum does not specify any particular encryption methods for NDEF message Read or NDEF message Write. Therefore, there is no need for an encryption function during NDEF read or write operations.

Can you share more details about your use case in particular regarding your need for encryption?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.