cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update firmware using ST25 NFC App V.3.6.0

JNeig.1
Associate II

4 Months ago, we completed the design of a product, where we can update the firmware via ST25DV64K using ST25 NFC App. After installing the new version (NFC TAP App V.3.6.0), it doesn't work anymore. Can we get access to the previous version of the app ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello , I got the last version posted on google play the 3.6.0 for android. I got the FW (en.stsw-st25dv001_v1.1.2.zip) on st.com. I have loaded on the discovery board MB1283 the FW and:

• First test : On android side, start of the FW update, with MB1283 file selected, FW pwd (default one) ok but nothing going on and FW data transfer not started.
  • Next step: reset of the board and go to the FTM feature
  • Next step: back to the home of the Android application and select again the Firmware Update demo, re-select file and Start transfer again
  • Works.

After that, and without clear explanations at this stage on behaviors, Feature works with several tests.

Can you please provide more information on your context, board used and if, with some steps as previous you got something working.

In the mean time, we will continue to investigate behaviors.

FYI, we plan also to provide in September, a new version of FTM with APIs for both FW and SW side based on our ST25SDK.

Tks for feedback, concerning access to previous version, yes it is possible, but with an other channel (please provide one) and detail also what you exactly need (apk, more,...)

Rgds, FB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello , I got the last version posted on google play the 3.6.0 for android. I got the FW (en.stsw-st25dv001_v1.1.2.zip) on st.com. I have loaded on the discovery board MB1283 the FW and:

• First test : On android side, start of the FW update, with MB1283 file selected, FW pwd (default one) ok but nothing going on and FW data transfer not started.
  • Next step: reset of the board and go to the FTM feature
  • Next step: back to the home of the Android application and select again the Firmware Update demo, re-select file and Start transfer again
  • Works.

After that, and without clear explanations at this stage on behaviors, Feature works with several tests.

Can you please provide more information on your context, board used and if, with some steps as previous you got something working.

In the mean time, we will continue to investigate behaviors.

FYI, we plan also to provide in September, a new version of FTM with APIs for both FW and SW side based on our ST25SDK.

Tks for feedback, concerning access to previous version, yes it is possible, but with an other channel (please provide one) and detail also what you exactly need (apk, more,...)

Rgds, FB

Hello,
Thanks for the fast answer.
I have 200 boards ready produced boards that need to go out for a field test.
So, at this point, where time for troubleshooting is limited, my top priority is to get hold of the apk-file of the previous version (I don't know which is the rev. number). Then later I will resume the fixing part.
I normally use WeTransfer to transfer apk-files, is it possible you send it to me this way ?
Rgds Jens Neigaard
On 09/07/2021 12.39, ST Community wrote:
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

I will proceed with WeTransfer. Please let me know.

Rgds,FB