cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993-EVAL - Is there a way to use UART for debugging (so I can see output of printf function)?

MKova.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm using ST35RU3993-EVAL board without ST-LINK debugger; generating .bin file with Keil uVision5 IDE and uploading the firmware with the Reader suit GUI.

I would like to see output of printf function in the serial terminal. Is that possible, or UART is used only for communicating with the GUI?

Thanks,

Mirnesa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello Mirnesa,

On the PCB you find on the left side a pin called "UART LOG". This is the TX pin of a UART, which can be used to send out from the FW logging or debug information.

Please use this UART pin (together with a GND pin) for logging and debugging.

A example of howto would be the following code from main.c

LOG("FW Version = %02d.%02d.%02d.%02d\n",FW_VERSION_MAJOR, FW_VERSION_MINOR, FW_VERSION_MICRO, FW_VERSION_BUILD);

This code prints on the log UART the version number information at startup of the board.

BR

Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello Mirnesa,

On the PCB you find on the left side a pin called "UART LOG". This is the TX pin of a UART, which can be used to send out from the FW logging or debug information.

Please use this UART pin (together with a GND pin) for logging and debugging.

A example of howto would be the following code from main.c

LOG("FW Version = %02d.%02d.%02d.%02d\n",FW_VERSION_MAJOR, FW_VERSION_MINOR, FW_VERSION_MICRO, FW_VERSION_BUILD);

This code prints on the log UART the version number information at startup of the board.

BR

Nick

Hi Nick,

I missed that one. Thanks 🙂

Kind regards,

Mirnesa