cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916B. In differential mode, have the 2 RF peripherals the same features?

logantenna
Associate II

Hi,

i have modified 2 eval NFC08A1 and now i'm using ST25R3916B not in balance mode but with 2 single ended RF circuitry.

If i use the  RFIO1 i can establish a P2P connection between the 2 evals, insted if i change and use the RFOI2, the P2P connection doesn't work, i can only read passive tags.

The register 00h permits to choose balance or differential output and which output use, but all the other registers refer to RFOI1, or RFOI2?

where is written what can i can do or don't with the periferal RFIO1 or RFIO2? Are they different???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi logantenna,

in the DS you will find a statement in 1.2.10 External Field Detector: “Input to this block is the signal from the RFI1 pin.”

So I think it is not possible to perform Active P2P using a single-ended antenna on RFI2/RFO2.

BR, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi logantenna,

in the DS you will find a statement in 1.2.10 External Field Detector: “Input to this block is the signal from the RFI1 pin.”

So I think it is not possible to perform Active P2P using a single-ended antenna on RFI2/RFO2.

BR, Ulysses

thanks Ulysses for the quickly reply, i have found the statement!

I would gently point out the block diagram on the DS is wrong.. both RFI1 and RFI2 enter in the External field detector block

logantenna_0-1708445547003.png

Hi,

yes indeed the diagram is misleading at least. We will try to improve in possibly upcoming revisions of the DS.

Ulysses