cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 problem with SPI on a custome Board

CT-55555
Senior

Hello everyone, 

I m trying to create my own NFC-Reader Board with a ST25R3916B. With the help of the x-Nucleo NFC08A1I designed my own shematic. After ordering my custome curcit board and assembling all parts I tried to get it running but it does not work. I checked every connection betwen the pcb and the parts, the voltage and compared my shematic with the shematic from the datasheet from the x_Nucleo-NFC08A1. 

For comparison, I have a NFC08A1 board which works very well. It can't be the code, because I use the same code on boath boards. My problem is with the SPI communication because it doesn't even start. Do I have to pay attention to something or did I make a mistake ?

CT55555_0-1704213539834.png

I had the idea that I have a universal reading board with which I can connect different matching networks. That's why I'm using another connector. In addition, I also made sure that the capacitors and quartz were as close to the chip as possible. 

Can the capacitors be the reason for the problem or do they not have such a large influence ?

Are their any layout files I can use ? 

Thank you for the help 

Best regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CT-55555
Senior

Hello, 

the problem was with the capacitors for the quartz. The value was too high. 

Thank you for the reply. 

Best regards 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @CT-55555 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi CT-5555,

what do you mean by "SPI communication .. doesn't even start"? 

Where in the flow is it failing? Which register access? Did you enable ST25R_SELFTEST?

BR, Ulysses

CT-55555
Senior

Hello, 

the problem was with the capacitors for the quartz. The value was too high. 

Thank you for the reply. 

Best regards