cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911B-DISCO Implementing RFAL Library

itsgimbi
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to create an application that is able to use the ST25R3911B-DISCO to read ISO15693 tags. I read on the forums and understand that the reader does not natively support ISO15693 tags but that there is a RFAL library created by ST which implements all the low level details of ISO15693 protocol so that I don't need to. I was looking on how to implement this on the board and noticed that the firmware already has some of the RFAL library in its files (at least the ones I need). So I was wondering, are some of the RFAL libraries implemented in the firmware already or do I still need to do anything to the firmware to implement them. As well, I was wondering if there is any documentation for the command sets of the RFAL library or more or less how to use the library itself. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the recommended board for developing ST25R3911B firmware is the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and the associated ST25 embedded NFC library using the RFAL. It provides various demos on top of the RFAL, including demos with ISO15693 tags.

The ST25R3911B-DISCO is designed to communicate with a PC GUI to demonstrate the various capabilities of the device. Its FW is also based on the RFAL.

The RFAL provides a software support of ISO 15693 over the stream mode of the ST25R3911B so that users don't need to care about the details. The various examples inside the ST25 embedded NFC library demonstrate the polling of ISO15693 tags and the reading of the block#1 (see demo_polling.c). It also provides sample code to write a block.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

the recommended board for developing ST25R3911B firmware is the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and the associated ST25 embedded NFC library using the RFAL. It provides various demos on top of the RFAL, including demos with ISO15693 tags.

The ST25R3911B-DISCO is designed to communicate with a PC GUI to demonstrate the various capabilities of the device. Its FW is also based on the RFAL.

The RFAL provides a software support of ISO 15693 over the stream mode of the ST25R3911B so that users don't need to care about the details. The various examples inside the ST25 embedded NFC library demonstrate the polling of ISO15693 tags and the reading of the block#1 (see demo_polling.c). It also provides sample code to write a block.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.