cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st25r3911b - different libraries with different versions

MP.17
Associate II

Hi there,

we are currently using st25r3911b in our project with F32F302CC.

I've ported the example project from here, notice that the latest version is v2.0.0:
https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-nfc5.html#st-get-software

Now I found out, that v.2.0.0 isn't the latest version anymore, when looking at your website:
https://www.st.com/en/nfc/st25r3911b.html#tools-software

So I now tried to upgrade to the latest firmware "V2.8.0 / 14-Dez-2022" (mentioned link), and tried following examples as an upgrade: "STSW-ST25RFAL001" and "STSW-STM8-NFC5".

But it seems there are critical changes between v.2.0.0 and v.2.8.0, meaning such things as "utils.h" is now named "rfal_utils.h" but that't the small problem. It seems there are a lot more changes (definitions), so it is too complicated to easily upgrade here. It also seems that the "ST25RFAL001" example has some missing header files?!

So my question is:
Can you please also provide the latest version "v.2.8.0" for the x-cube-nfc5?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

compared to previous versions, the RFAL v2.8.0 has been enhanced to make it more self-contained (utils and errno are now merged into a single rfal_utils.h, platform.h is now rfal_platform.h to avoid naming collision with other middlewares, etc.). This is of course causing a compatibility break.

The STSW-ST25R015 package of the ST25 embedded NFC library has been updated to support the RFAL v2.8.0. It includes the poller demo and the NDEF demo from X-CUBE-NFC5 but also many other demos. I would recommend to use this package for your rebase. See also the release notes of the RFAL 2.8.0.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

compared to previous versions, the RFAL v2.8.0 has been enhanced to make it more self-contained (utils and errno are now merged into a single rfal_utils.h, platform.h is now rfal_platform.h to avoid naming collision with other middlewares, etc.). This is of course causing a compatibility break.

The STSW-ST25R015 package of the ST25 embedded NFC library has been updated to support the RFAL v2.8.0. It includes the poller demo and the NDEF demo from X-CUBE-NFC5 but also many other demos. I would recommend to use this package for your rebase. See also the release notes of the RFAL 2.8.0.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.