cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25DV64KC NFC Encryption: Seeking Guidance on Encrypted Reading/Writing

KemalUzgoren
Associate III

Hi, 

In this video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqCvsywsAtQ" at 3:11, the user is sending data with NFC by entering a password.
As a similar process. I want to do it with st25dv64kc with X-NUCLEO-NFC03A1 for encrypted reading / encrypted writing. But I couldn't understand how to do encryption in st25dv64kc. Can you help?

And where can I find the code in this video? I want to review it.

Best regards

KU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KemalUzgoren
Associate III

Hi,

I think I found the answer to my questions. In ST25DV64KC you can do field splitting. It is possible to set a password for these fields. When we examined the datasheet of the IC, I understood that the default password is 00000000. To change the password, there must be a mobile device or this process can be performed with a reader. The I2C_Protection example in X-CUBE-NFC4-main can be examined.
On the reader side, the rfalST25xVPollerPresentPassword function is used to access the encrypted area. The parameters of this function allow us to access the encrypted area.
In other words, no password information is entered by the ST25DV64KC. It only receives the password number. A password cannot be accessed on the IC side.

Best regards

KU

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KemalUzgoren
Associate III

Hi,

I think I found the answer to my questions. In ST25DV64KC you can do field splitting. It is possible to set a password for these fields. When we examined the datasheet of the IC, I understood that the default password is 00000000. To change the password, there must be a mobile device or this process can be performed with a reader. The I2C_Protection example in X-CUBE-NFC4-main can be examined.
On the reader side, the rfalST25xVPollerPresentPassword function is used to access the encrypted area. The parameters of this function allow us to access the encrypted area.
In other words, no password information is entered by the ST25DV64KC. It only receives the password number. A password cannot be accessed on the IC side.

Best regards

KU