cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25 NFC Tap app issue with Android 12

PN.4
Associate II

We have used your ST25 NFC Tap app to read NFC tags emitted by a device with an ST25 chip. That has worked quite well up to a point when certain smartphones got their Android 12 update. Now the app displays an error.

The phones are a minority but they are delivered by leading brands like Nokia or Motorola. Android 11 works fine in all cases. Also, ST24 has no problem connecting with Android 12. Is there any known issue about this combination (chip + OS)? If yes, can it be worked around?

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

Please give the size of each area.

Values taken from the ST25 app: Area 1 - 512 bytes, Area 2 - 256, Area 3 - 1792, Area 4 - 5632.

So please change the field "Number of bytes". Use the size of Area 1.

The ST25 app is able to dump up to 768 bytes (two first areas). Area 1 is filled with zeroes. The first non-zero value appears at 516.

Do you know the size of the NDEF file present in AREA1?

No, I don't but the NDEF tab says: "Area1: NDEF message containing 0 record(s). NDEF size: 0 Bytes."

Would you have the possiblity to test a tag without protected areas and also with a single area?

No, I would not. I would have to contact the manufacturer.

Olivier L
ST Employee

I have configured a ST25DV64K with the same areas and the same protections as your tag but I'm not able to reproduce your problem: I have tried 2 phones running Android 12: A google Pixel 6 and a Realme 7 Pro.

I'm afraid that I will not be able to help more than that.

OK. We are also now aware that it works with Pixel. Thank you for your support.