cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions regarding reader handling with the ST25SDK

PBuro.1
Associate II

Hi,

So I'm using the ST25SDK to create an app. I managed to detect my USB Reader and detect tags from it. But I am wondering if there is a way to chose which reader to use if several are connected by USB.

Also, I cannot find a way to connect to an ethernet reader. The demo app (ST25PC002) there seems to be that possibility, but only using a ST Reader, not Feig (the only readers I have underhand are Feig MR101 USB and ethernet). And it seems to use a JNI interface and a specific implementation of RFGenericReader that overload the connect method to add the IP as a parameter. I cannot find any reference to that overloaded method in the SDK javadoc. Does the SDK handle ethernet reader easily ? for either ST or Feig readers ?

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello,

you can find an example of reader handling in the source code of the ST25PC-NFC software as you already have mentioned.
Check out code from function scanForReaders() in MainApp.java. There we try to instantiate a STReader object. If we fail, we then try to instantiate a FEIG_OBID_ISC_Reader. Today we do not select a specific reader based on its port number as we only handle one reader at a time.

You are correct, the ST25SDK only handles Ethernet connection for an internal ST reader through a JNI. If you want to connect to a FEIG reader using Ethernet instead of USB, you should take a look at the FEIG OBID SDK available from the FEIG ELECTRONIC website.

Best regards,
Damien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello,

you can find an example of reader handling in the source code of the ST25PC-NFC software as you already have mentioned.
Check out code from function scanForReaders() in MainApp.java. There we try to instantiate a STReader object. If we fail, we then try to instantiate a FEIG_OBID_ISC_Reader. Today we do not select a specific reader based on its port number as we only handle one reader at a time.

You are correct, the ST25SDK only handles Ethernet connection for an internal ST reader through a JNI. If you want to connect to a FEIG reader using Ethernet instead of USB, you should take a look at the FEIG OBID SDK available from the FEIG ELECTRONIC website.

Best regards,
Damien