cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Area Protection Password In Automated Application?

CBarn.1
Associate II

I would like to start setting area protection passwords on some of these chips. I have a FEIG RFID reader which I can do this through using the ST25PC-NFC Windows Application, but the reader won't fit into the space I need to reach the chip during normal functionality (signal isn't strong enough), and the Windows App doesn't have a command line interface I could find, so running this whole process from a single automated application doesn't seem feasible. I have an NFC devkit I could hack the firmware on and build an extended antennae to accomplish this, though it would be extremely time consuming to read the firmware and understand it well enough to step into the middle of its normal functionality and insert my own password write command, since that's a custom command on the ST25DV chipset. Just wondering if anybody has any other recommendations they've run across to accomplish this password programming? Is there a command line interface into the Windows App that I missed? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi CBarn.1,

Did you have a look at STSW-ST25SDK00? It is the underlying library to ST25PC-NFC. It should be easy to program.

A purely imbedded solution should also be feasible, could be using one of X-CUBE-NFC3,5,6 or STSW-ST25R-LIB.

Best Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi CBarn.1,

Did you have a look at STSW-ST25SDK00? It is the underlying library to ST25PC-NFC. It should be easy to program.

A purely imbedded solution should also be feasible, could be using one of X-CUBE-NFC3,5,6 or STSW-ST25R-LIB.

Best Regards, Ulysses

CBarn.1
Associate II

Thank you Ulysses, I had not found that SDK, that seems to be what I was looking for.