cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFAL compatibility with STM32F072RB

ACogl
Associate III

Hello everybody,

I am trying to drive ST25T3911B with STM32F072RB.

I am using X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 mounted on the NUCLEO-F072RB.

I have configured NUCLEO-F072RB with STM32CUBEMX, you can find the project file attached; for my application I have added CAN connectivity and I2C connectivity.

I am using the RFAL library found in the X-CUBE-NFC5, and the application I have written is pretty similar to the polling loop in the STM32F4 example.

I am reading ST25TB512-AC tags.

The SPI seems to work because my application can retrieve the chip ID from the card, but requesting the UID a hard fault always occures during the receiving phase of the SPI communication.

I have noticed that the ST25R3911B continuosly drives the external interrupt even if no card is present, is this correct?

Can you check my STM32CUBEMX configuration in order to see if everything related with RFAL middleware is fine?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

Alessandro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire Poulain
ST Employee

Hi,

Indeed several changes have been performed on the RFAL since v1.3.2, and some do impact the user interface.

Concerning the issues mentioned:

1/2. This protection has been added on v2.0.2 for multi thread environments.

With the RFAL package comes a folder witch contains instructions at \doc\rfal.chm

On section Setting up RFAL a description is provided for platformProtectWorker() and platformUnprotectWorker().

3/4. These APIs have been deprecated and replaced by a new interface: rfalWakeUpModeStart() and rfalWakeUpModeHasWoke().

In fact the package X-CUBE-NFC5 v1.3.0 no longer makes use of the deprecated interface.

Perhaps it would be better to make use of the latest demo available.

Furthermore the X-CUBE-NFC05 will soon receive an update which better makes use of RFAL v2.0.10.

Meanwhile you can also retrieve the configuration file platform.h available on the X-CUBE-NFC06 package and disable the features you do not need.

Best regards

GP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ACogl
Associate III

Thank you, the fixed you suggested worked.

Now I have found on ST website the STSW-ST25RFAL001, that is version V2.0.10 of the RFAL library, specific version for ST25R3911B.

I am porting my application from V1.3.2 of the RFAL library, the one I found in X-CUBE-NFC5.

I do not know what changes were made in the RFAL library from V1.3.2 to V2.0.10, except for a general description in the release note.

Now I am blocked, because I have 2 problems:

1. Compiler IAR EWARM cannot find a reference for function PlatformProtectWorker, that is called by rfalWorker function (at line 1405) in file rfal_rfst25r3911.c found in RFAL V2.0.10. This file has not been modified, so the error seems to be in the lirbary itself. How can I solve this problem?
  2. The same problem described in the previous point applies for function PlatformUnprotectWorker
  3. In RFAL V1.3.2 there is a definition for st25r3911IrQIsWakeUpPhase, but it does not seem to be in RFAL V2.0.10. Do you know which function/variable I should call in RFAL V2.0.10 to obtain the same behaviour/functionality of st25r3911IrQIsWakeUpPhase in RFAL V1.3.2.
  4. The same problem described in the previous point applies for st25r3911IrQIsWakeUpAmplitude

Regards

Grégoire Poulain
ST Employee

Hi,

Indeed several changes have been performed on the RFAL since v1.3.2, and some do impact the user interface.

Concerning the issues mentioned:

1/2. This protection has been added on v2.0.2 for multi thread environments.

With the RFAL package comes a folder witch contains instructions at \doc\rfal.chm

On section Setting up RFAL a description is provided for platformProtectWorker() and platformUnprotectWorker().

3/4. These APIs have been deprecated and replaced by a new interface: rfalWakeUpModeStart() and rfalWakeUpModeHasWoke().

In fact the package X-CUBE-NFC5 v1.3.0 no longer makes use of the deprecated interface.

Perhaps it would be better to make use of the latest demo available.

Furthermore the X-CUBE-NFC05 will soon receive an update which better makes use of RFAL v2.0.10.

Meanwhile you can also retrieve the configuration file platform.h available on the X-CUBE-NFC06 package and disable the features you do not need.

Best regards

GP

​Thank you Gregoire,

I managed to use RFAL V2.0.10 on my application.

As you have suggested I have replaced st25r3911IrQIsWakeUpPhase  with rfalWakeUpModeHasWoke(), and I have integrated my Platform.h file with the one available on X-CUBE-NFC06.

Best regards

Grégoire Poulain
ST Employee

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Glad we were able to help.

GP