cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Windows application for ST25DV

roberto-chiarini
Associate II

Hello community,

I'm developing a FW for a board that uses the ST25DVxxxKC to show some board info (as tags) and to allow to update the FW.

I've no problem or doubt on the board side (FW).

I'm trying also to develop an application on a PC equipped with Windows OS to test the board, but after a couple of days of search and test I've found that I don't know how to connect with the board in both mode (FTM and standard/nDef).

I've been able to connect to the board using my ACR1552U and the Windows standard library (WinSCard.dll), but I've no idea of which protocol to use.

My application is written using Qt, but also Visual Studio Code could be an option.

I've downloaded the app examples provided by ST, but I haven't found nothing that can give me some hint.

If anybody has any suggestion, it would be very valuable.

Thanks

Roberto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello Roberto,

if I understand well, you want to write a PC software to interact wirelessly with your board using NFC tag ST25DVxxKC. This board of yours runs a FW on a microcontroller that connects to the same tag using I2C.

ST provides a ST25 Software Development Kit written in Java (to be compatible on PC and Android phones). The library of the SDK is used in a PC reference app available on st.com also written in Java. I understand that you would prefer coding in C/C++ with Qt but ST does not provide libraries in this language ☹️. Maybe a translating tool can migrate the Java code to C++.

Cheers,

Damien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello Roberto,

if I understand well, you want to write a PC software to interact wirelessly with your board using NFC tag ST25DVxxKC. This board of yours runs a FW on a microcontroller that connects to the same tag using I2C.

ST provides a ST25 Software Development Kit written in Java (to be compatible on PC and Android phones). The library of the SDK is used in a PC reference app available on st.com also written in Java. I understand that you would prefer coding in C/C++ with Qt but ST does not provide libraries in this language ☹️. Maybe a translating tool can migrate the Java code to C++.

Cheers,

Damien

roberto-chiarini
Associate II

Hi Damien,

thanks for your reply.

I'll try the solution suggested by you and see what happens.

Maybe ST will develop in the future some reference project using a more embedded programming language and widen the NFC reader supported (at the moment they are very few).

Roberto