cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC card reader for ST25DV16KC tag

KKulk.1
Associate

Hi,

I'm working with the ST25DV16KC-IE6T3 tag (ISO15693 type 5) and I want to both read and write data to it.

I'm looking for a compatible NFC card reader that can connect to the computer via USB port (either desktop PC or laptop.)

The use case would be to write an application in LabVIEW that can use this reader to read/write data to the above-mentioned NFC tag in hex format.

Maybe someone can help me with the following questions:

1 - Can anyone recommend a NFC reader that can communicate with NFC type 5 tags?

2 - Can anyone recommend a LabVIEW library for communicating with NFC type 5 tags? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe WILLIAMS
ST Employee

Hi KKulk.1

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance.  We'll contact you directly.

Kind Regards

Joe WILLIAMS

STMicro Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

All ST25R reader devices support ISO15693/NFC Type 5 tags.

Evaluation or Discovery boards for ST25R3916/ST25R3916B or ST25R3911B (STEVAL-25R3916B, ST25R3916-DISCO or ST25R3911B-DISCO) can be connected to a PC over USB. A communication DLL is available (e.g. ST25R3911DISCOComm.dll). I am not aware of a LabView interface library but some users (@John63 have developed their own solution based on this communication DLL. See https://community.st.com/t5/st25-nfc-rfid-tags-and-readers/st25r3911b-disco/m-p/627283.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Joe WILLIAMS
ST Employee

Hi KKulk.1

This post has been escalated to the ST Online Support Team for additional assistance.  We'll contact you directly.

Kind Regards

Joe WILLIAMS

STMicro Support