cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a ST25RU3993-EVAL last week , but i Can't connect it by ST25RU3993_Reader_Suite. It seems the lastest version of ST25RU3993_Reader_Suite is not suit for FW 1.6.6 and I can't updata FW by it. can i get the old version of ST25RU3993_Reader_Suite?

Rka
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

​Hello,

the latest available FW and Reader Suite GUI is V1.7.0. This version has major performance improvements and bugfixes compared to V1.6.6.

The reason why GUI V1.7.0 can not connect to boards with FW  V1.6.6 is that they use different UART baudrates for communication.

It was necassary to increase the baudrate on both side to be able to transmit all found transponder data to the host and not discard data inside the FW.

To upgrade your FW you to not need to connect upfront to the board, simple select "Upgrade Firmware" from the "Help" menu or press Ctrl+F instead of connecting to the board.

When you try to connect with a old board FW (e.g. V1.6.6) you get an warning notification in the GUI that you should update your board FW.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick K
ST Employee

​Hello,

the latest available FW and Reader Suite GUI is V1.7.0. This version has major performance improvements and bugfixes compared to V1.6.6.

The reason why GUI V1.7.0 can not connect to boards with FW  V1.6.6 is that they use different UART baudrates for communication.

It was necassary to increase the baudrate on both side to be able to transmit all found transponder data to the host and not discard data inside the FW.

To upgrade your FW you to not need to connect upfront to the board, simple select "Upgrade Firmware" from the "Help" menu or press Ctrl+F instead of connecting to the board.

When you try to connect with a old board FW (e.g. V1.6.6) you get an warning notification in the GUI that you should update your board FW.